At registration, your student received the Student Handbook, which contains useful information about rules and expectations of students during their time at Edna Brewer. Please review these updates on some of Edna Brewer’s rules and policies. The complete list can be found in the Student Handbook and on the website, or contact the main office for a printed version.
* NO hoods or hats in the building.
* NO ripped jeans or clothing with holes in it.
* NO revealing tops or bottoms (including see-through, spaghetti straps less than 2” wide, short-skirts or shorts less than 2” above the knee).
* NO pajamas.
* NO bedroom slippers.
* NO clothing with profane or otherwise inappropriate writing or logos (drugs, weapons, alcohol).
Inappropriately dressed students will be referred to the office to call home for a change of clothes.
Eating in class is never allowed without the explicit permission of the teacher. Gum and candy are never allowed anywhere on campus. If an adult sees gum or candy, he or she will confiscate and dispose of it.
Personal electronics (including cell phones, iPods, headphones, video games, or any other handheld devices) are not allowed anywhere on campus at any time. As a reminder, here is the consequence chain for any electronic item that is confiscated:
* 1st time: returned to the student at the end of the school day.
* 2nd time: returned to a parent or guardian.
* 3rd time: device put into the “June Box” and held in the office until the end of the school year.
On time means in your seat when the tardy bell rings, so any student who enters the classroom or is not seated when that bell rings is marked tardy.
The First Period tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and on Minimum Days. PACT tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM on Wednesday. Refer to the Bell Schedules below for all bell times. The first time listed on each line is when the tardy bell rings.