The first day of school is Monday, August 24th! Please sign up to volunteer at Registration. Responsible Edna Brewer students may also help (except for immunization & paperwork collection).
How to get registration forms:
- Pick up Registration Packets at the office August 6th and 7th, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- If you have received a letter with student ID and a verification code (like this one), you can register online at Aeries.Net. Remember that online registrants still need to bring documentation to the school site. Details are here.
- Pick up registration packets on your child’s registration day.
- New 6th, 7th, and 8th graders – Tuesday, August 11th, 9 am – 2 pm. (There will be a Parent / Student Orientation afterwards from 2:30 – 3:30 pm.)
- Returning 7th and 8th graders – Wednesday, August 12th and Thursday August 13th, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Parents and guardians must register all new and returning students to guarantee a spot at Edna Brewer. Those who cannot register on the above dates must contact Charlene Johnson at email@example.com or 510-531-6600, ext. 503. Students are encouraged to come to registration and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
At registration, parents and guardians will submit:
- Immunization records (required for all new students as well as returning students with incomplete immunization records)
- OUSD Registration Packet
- Free and Reduced Meal Application (Mandatory for all families regardless of need, to help Edna Brewer qualify for extra funding.)
- After-school program application
- PTSA membership application (cash or check only)
Parents and guardians will receive:
- Important information regarding attendance, school rules / district policies, etc.
- Class schedule, locker assignment and one complimentary Panther planner (replacement cost applies)
- Edna Brewer PE uniforms (cash or check only) or students can use store-bought PE clothing. Our PE uniform is red shorts or black sweat pants with a white T-shirt.
We are very excited to begin the new school year! To build on previous successes, each student will keep the same “family” of teachers for both their 7th and 8th grade years. In the 6th grade, each student will belong to one of two families, consisting of four core teachers.
Teachers will be distributing supply lists during the first week of school. Please wait to buy school supplies until then to insure you only buy what is needed.
We look forward to working with you to ensure your student’s success! Go Panthers!
Handy OUSD links: