We are continuing our spring Running Club for the second year in a row at Edna Brewer Middle School. All 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students are invited to participate in this informal and fun running group happening from February 16th to the start of Track Season. Ms. Clusserath (8th grade Leaders science teacher) will direct and supervise runners as they embark on their after school adventures around Glenview and Lakeshore! Every day of running club, we will go on a run/hike of 1-4 miles through the neighborhoods around Edna Brewer. Workouts will start Tuesdays and Thursdays (except holidays) after school in Ms. Clusserath’s room (room 33). We will LEAVE for runs at 3:20. That means you must be dressed and ready to run by 3:20 pm SHARP.
The focus of this year’s Running Club will be training for the mile-run in Edna Brewer’s track season coming up in April. Students who participate in running club are not required to join track later in the spring, but it is highly encouraged.
- Who: Ms. Clusserath (coach), any parent/guardian volunteers, and any 6th, 7thand 8th grade student that is interested. No experience necessary.
- What: Running workouts in preparation for Spring 2018 Track season (long distance)
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:20, except school holidays, starting 2/1 until track season starts
- Where: All practices meet in Room 33, then runs go throughout neighborhoods around Edna Brewer.
- Why: To get in shape and have fun!
The requirements for participation in running club are as follows:
- A parent/guardian must read and sign the attached Walking Trip Permission Slip, and the student must return the signed form to Ms. Clusserath at Running Club, or in room 33. This form is required to participate in Running Club – we will go on runs off campus, so any student without signed forms will not be allowed to run. Forms are due on Thursday, 2/22.
- A student with a signed form and commitment to join Running Club must be at every workout unless they have a note or phone call from a parent/guardian to excuse them.
- All runners must come to practice with running shoes, comfortable workout clothes, and a positive attitude!
Lastly: We need parent/guardian chaperones to make these runs possible! If you have time to run with and supervise students at ANY practices, please email or call Ms. Clusserath.
Thank you so much, and I hope to see your children at practice.