Current 7th graders hoping to take Algebra next year are invited to take a math skills test in Mr. Corwin’s room (32) from 3:10 – 4:30 on either Tuesday, May 23rd OR Tuesday, May 30th. This 8th grade algebra class is a great opportunity for students to further challenge themselves in math and get ahead for high school! Please see Mr. Corwin with any questions.
This was a six month effort filled with mathematical challenges and competition. This year’s Math Olympians also included Griffin Osser, Maksim Zarkovich and Liyah Khaoone, Claire Foster, Zoe King, Henry Burg, Malachi Williams, Greta Glueck., and Aidan Morrison.
- Placing first overall for Edna Brewer is 7th grader Griffin Osser
- Placing first for 8th graders is Greta Glueck
- Placing first for 6th graders is Claire Foster
All three of the above plus 7th grader Aidan Morrison placed in the top 10% of all Math Olympians nationally.
The goals of the Math Olympiad are to:
- Stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- Introduce important Mathematical concepts
- Teach major strategies for problem solving
- Develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- Strengthen Mathematical intuition
- Foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- Provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
See http://moems.org for more information
Congratulations to everyone involved, and a special thank you to Ms. Karlstad for providing room for the competition.