Reporting Absences

If you know that your student is going to be absent, please call the main office at 510-531-6600 or Ms. Robbie Thomas, Attendance Clerk, at 510-531-6600 (ext 509) to report the absence. 


Short term absences can be excused with a phone call or a note sent to school with your child. If you do not call the school, you MUST provide the school with a note for the absence to be excused. 


If your student misses school due to a medical appointments (doctor, dentist, orthodontist, optometrist, etc.), you must obtain a note from your medical provider and submit it to the school. 


Independent study or extended leave requests must be made in writing and turned in to the main office, not a teacher, three weeks prior to the first day of the absence. Upon return from the absence, your student’s work must be returned to the main office in order to verify the requirements of the independent study agreement were met and credit can be given.