The Edna Brewer School Site Council (SSC) is a group of teachers, parents, classified employees, and students (at the high school level) that works with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets. The members of the site council are generally elected by their peers.
We meet every third Tuesday of each month, in the Library from 5 pm – 6 pm. For more information, please contact Ms. Silva at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SSC at Edna Brewer
- Edna Brewer SSC by-laws
- Single Plan for Student Achievement
- 2017-18 Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) for Edna Brewer
- English Language Learners Subcommittee Presentation on ELL population at Edna Brewer
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Guide
- Local Control Funding Formula Overview
Composition of the SSC
- An equal number of school staff and parent/community/student members.
- Principals are de facto members of the SSC.
- Classroom teachers (teacher of record in Aeries) comprise a majority of persons representing school staff.
- Secondary sites require a minimum of 12 members.
- Student members are optional at middle schools.
- SSCs must retain parity between school and community members proportional to their size.
Responsibilities of the SSC
- Analyze and evaluate the academic achievement of students.
- Monitor, develop and approve the school site plan (SPSA).
- Revise expenditures, timelines and evaluation criteria outlined in the plan as needed.
- Participate in all local, state, and federal reviews of the school’s program for compliance and quality.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the school’s progress towards meeting the plan goals.
- Understand the school’s needs assessment for English Learner and immigrant students and develop a detailed school plan for EL and immigrant students academic success.
- Involve EL and immigrant parents in stressing the importance of regular school attendance.
- Communicate with subcommittees such as SELLS, Special Ed, etc.