EBMS offers a rigorous and innovative academic program.
With multiple tiers of teacher leadership, including literacy and math coaches, our highly collaborative teaching staff has been on the leading edge of Common Core implementation for several years.
- Emphasis on Culturally Responsive Teaching and Academic Differentiation ensures we serve each and every student.
- Teachers use Blended Learning across all core disciplines, with a balance of traditional instruction, peer collaboration and in-class work on Chromebooks.
- Learning is cross-disciplinary. For example, students studying Ancient Rome in History may create a travel brochure for Roman ruins in English.
Heavy focus on project-based group work across all core disciplines.
- EBMS has been participating in the pilot program for early implementation of California’s Next Generation Science Standards adopted by the State Board of Education (SBE)
- Block scheduling allows for focused, in-depth learning.
- Compressed 8th Grade Math and Algebra allows entry to Geometry as a high school freshman.
- Peer Tutoring pairs successful 7th and 8th graders with students who could benefit from extra 1:1 tutoring.
- Communication is facilitated by Schoology, a collaborative online tool used by teachers, students, and parents.
- Grade-level “families” create a small school atmosphere and allow teachers to collaborate more effectively.