Edna Brewer Panthers dress for success. While we do not have a school uniform, we do reinforce a dress code.
Edna Brewer Dress Code
Students must dress appropriately at all times.
Protocol for students dressed inappropriately.
1. The student will be sent to the office by the teacher or staff.
2. Office staff will have the student call home for appropriate clothing or provide a substitute article of clothing if one is available (i.e. an extra p.e. t-shirt or sweatshirt or something from the lost and found which the student will be required to wear until the end of the day).
3. Repeated offenses will count toward referrals.
Inappropriate clothing includes:
1. Hoods or hats inside the building
2. Ripped jeans or clothing with holes in it
3. Revealing tops or bottoms- details below
For Girls Shirts:
●Necklines must cover cleavage
●Midriff needs to be covered
●Fabric must not be see-through
●All straps must be at least 2 inches wide (If covered by a sweater, the sweater must be buttoned and worn all day)
●No undergarment straps can show
Skirts and shorts:
● Must be no more than 2” above the knee whether or not leggings are worn underneath
● Leggings alone, without a skirt or shorts the length of the fingertips are no longer allowed at Brewer.
● No sagging pants
Boys are held to a dress code that requires that pants are worn on boys’ waists. Undergarments, including shorts under a boy’s pants, must not be seen. Please help us reinforce this rule for boys by insisting that your son wear a belt to school.
Both Boys and Girls
●No Bedroom slippers
●No clothing with profane writing /logos such as drugs, weapons, alcohol. This will be determined by